Geoffrey Rush talks about PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 4

« Older   Newer »
~ Aretè
view post Posted on 14/11/2010, 17:38

Movie City News recently did a lengthy interview with Pirates of the Caribbean stalwart Geoffrey Rush, who plays Captain Hector Barbossa in the series. Rush speaks with great fondness of the POTC family: “I mean, we are now an 8-year-old team. It’s a very substantial family. We have had the same operators, the same DP, the same principal cast, the same makeup team. In all departments there is a great familiarity . . . we’ve had children born, we’ve had deaths, we had an extraordinary kind of thing going on.”

As for the current installment, On Stranger Tides, currently filming around London, Rush sees a kinship with the first Pirates film, The Curse of the Black Pearl. “For this one, I think they have gone back to the feel of the first one,” Rush says. “There’s a great elegance and a great wit in this script, and a simpler narrative. But it’s still got what I hope audiences will find intriguing. It’s got some big set pieces, like mermaids. I thought, ‘We haven’t done mermaids yet.’ Sailors were always being lured onto the rocks. The take on that is dramatically quite compelling,” Rush promises.

il 4 film cn lo stesso spirito del primo? siamo a cavallo! :)

0 replies since 14/11/2010, 17:38   32 views