Tutto quello che hanno detto T&T su sparrabeth e willabeth

« Older   Newer »
Kaoru Rainey [Pirate Rackam]
view post Posted on 9/6/2008, 01:27

apporposito di blog di terry... (ovviamente ciò che sto x dire non c'entra con sparrabteh) ho trovato un punto in cui lui parlava dei tagli che ha dovuto attuare alla verione originale di dead man's chest...
parlava di un matrimonio... Jack all'inizio del film sarebbe stato sposato... ma con ki??? *___*
la scena è stata tolta ma sn rimaste tantissime frasi del film che rimandano a quest'evento... aspettate che vedo se lo ritrovo...
ecco... leggete un pò qua:

CITAZIONE
Watching the film, though, I really feel some of the edits and cuts. The original concept was to open the film with Gibbs singing, "Fifteen men on a dead man's chest ..." and so match the opening of the first film, with the singing on the 'Pirates Life for Me' song. And then we'd have another song for the third film, so they would all match. Gore and the editors said they tried it that way, but it didn't work; it was too difficult to cut from Jack's story to the wedding, Jack's story was so compelling it made it difficult for the audience to buy into the wedding, to care about the wedding. They might be right, but part of me is doubtful, I would have liked to have at least seen it once the original way.

And there were lines of dialogue that didn't make it: "I was nothing more than an almost innocent bystander." "I make no promises." "Keeps my aim sharp." "Never mind let's go!" "I love marriage, it's like a wager to see who will fall out of love first." "You just want Elizabeth for yourself." "Pot. Kettle. Black." Fans expect there to be quotable lines in the film, and we can't afford to lose any of them. Would 90 seconds more running time to include some of the better lines really have been a problem?

[*::Marzya::*]
view post Posted on 9/6/2008, 17:56

..chissà con chi si doveva sposare!!ma vi immaginate Jack nei panni da marito??naaa..ahahahah!

• H o l l y »
view post Posted on 9/6/2008, 19:27

ma non capisco, la dice from jack's story to the wedding, il wedding di liz non di jack, infatti adesso nel film c'è prima il matrimonio poi la scena di jack; tuttavia parla alla fie di quotes che rimaNDANO AI MATRIMONI...BAH....GRAMMATICALMENTE NON SI PARLA DI MATRIMONIO DI JACK: from Jack's story to the wedding: DALLA STORIA AL MATRIMONIO

view post Posted on 9/6/2008, 20:22

sono solo confusa...
allora secondo voi perchè poi avrebbe dovuto dire:
"nn ero altro che un lesto innocente, spettatore!"
magari anche lui prendeva parte alla cerimonia... ve lo immaginate vestito elegante XDXD

oppure no??? non l'ho capito bene!

• H o l l y »
view post Posted on 10/6/2008, 06:49

boooooooooo non ho cvapito nemmeno io! proprio non capisco cosa intenda nell'ultimo paragrafo!

view post Posted on 10/6/2008, 18:37

povero terry... secondo me si capisce solo lui quando parla... ecco come ha fatto ad ideare qualche dialogo di jack!

• H o l l y »
view post Posted on 11/9/2008, 16:49

già questo spiegherebbe molte cose

• H o l l y »
view post Posted on 14/10/2008, 18:25

provo a tradurre quello che ha postato Piratessa
SPOILER (click to view)
Hi everyone, Terry here, one of the co-writers. I tend to believe it's not up to the writers to explain stuff, because what's on screen should suffice. An artistic work should require no defense, yadda yadda.

But accusations of 'plot holes' and 'bad plot devices' and such bring out the 'protect the cub' in me. So ... consider ...

We didn't make Jack 'suddenly' have Compass trouble caused by Elizabeth. Nowhere in the film does the text state that Jack 'suddenly' has Compass trouble caused by Elizabeth.

Jack's problem, to start the film, and as stated in the film, is that "Time's up." His debt with Jones is due, and he's not likely to talk his way out of it. But think about it ... Jack is no dummy ... he was ALREADY searching for the key when this information arrived via Bootstrap. Jack knew all along that the debt was coming due (that's what the line, "so it's you, then" meant. Jack knew someone would come for him, and it turned out to be Bootstrap Bill -- a bit of cruelty on Jones' part, perhaps?)

So Jack's 'strange behavior' as referred to by Marty has been ongoing, and is related to the Compass, in a sense, but only in combination with Jack's situation. Jack has been getting more and more concerned about the debt (worried enough to go into a horrible prison, worried enough to not do a lick of honest pirating, etc). And at the very moment when Jack could reeeeeallly use this Compass to work as it should -- dammit -- the thing doesn't work.

The trigger of the story then, is *not* the Compass suddenly not working, but the debt coming due to a man whose Compass hasn't worked in quite a while.

So Jack finds himself in a tough spot -- he thinks the thing he wants most is to find the chest of Davy Jones, but the Compass is telling him there is at least one other thing he would want more. Yes, the big clue as to what that might be comes in Tia Dalma's shack -- "what is it that vexes a man?" And Jack says, "A woman."

In the text of the movie, then, there's no way to NOT make the connection ... a guy has a problem with his Compass ... says that the thing that vexes all men is a woman. Ergo, Jack is vexed by a woman.

So who is the woman?

It's interesting, when you think about it, because the film does not say explicity. Tia Dalma makes the connection that -- in another story -- a man fell in love with a woman as wild and untamable as the sea.

So ... does the Compass not work because Jack is in love with the sea, a feminine symbol -- more than needing the Chest?

On the other hand, there is no denying the chemistry and heat that occures between Jack and Elizabeth (and their connection on Rumrunner's island.) Does the Compass not work because Elizabeth crossed into Jack's life -- and he wants her, that connection with another human being that even the sea cannot provide? Does Jack see qualities in Elizabeth (and all women) that are similar to the sea itself?

Provocative questions.

My belief is that Jack is truly 'vexed.' Vexed is not the same as 'in love' (hah, though some might say it is close). It's not the same as 'want' although one can be vexed by themselves and the things they find themselves wanting. All we know is Jack crosses paths with Elizabeth and all of a sudden his Compass is spinning. (Were it me, I might have found it interesting to see if the Compass indeed pointed at Elizabeth when Jack held it, but the film doesn't show that.) The film shows the Compass spinning, so there should be no complaints along the lines that Jack is easily, safely, romantically, simply in love with Elizabeth moreso than the Pearl or the sea -- the film doesn't say that. (We even go so far as to say the opposite -- to Elizabeth herself!! -- "My first and only love is the sea.")

What the film does show is Elizabeth has vexed Jack's Compass. A man who used to simply love only freedom finds -- to his own great consternation -- a part of him wants something that he doesn't fully understand. But he wants it (he even says -- again to Elizabeth!! -- "I want to taste it.")

Now suddenly we have a man who used to have a simple desire -- freedom as offered by his ship and the sea -- who now finds himself with a bit of inner turmoil. Torn. Is there a desire for Elizabeth and could it grow? Perhaps Elizabeth, or being with Elizabeth, represent his desire to let that 'honest streak' come out and live the life of a good man?

Maybe. The point being, even Jack could not say for sure what the Compass is doing, or what it shows, as Jack, or parts of Jack, are a mystery to even Jack himself.

He is VEXED.

Penso che non sia compito degli sceneggiatori spiegare certe cose perchè ciò che c'è nel film dovrebbe essere abbastanza; un lavoro artistico non dovrebbe averne bisogno :)

Siamo stati accusati di aver lasciato molti buchi nella trama (del 2 film), per proteggere la trama stessa-.quindi considerate che:

Non abbiamo fatto "subito" in modo che Jack avesse problemi causati da Elizabeth riguardo il compasso.
In realtà in nessuna parte lui ha problemi "subito" col compasso causati da lei.

Il problema di jack inizia il film, ed è iniziato nel film, quando Sputafuoco gli dice "è finito il tempo". e quindi il problema del debito con daby jones.ma pensate...jack no è ingenuo...lui stava GIA' cercando la chiave..e sapeva che qualcuno stava venendoa cercarlo (infatti dice a sputafuoco: ah, sei tu quindi)

Il comportamento "strano" di jack, comelo chiama Marty andava avanti da 1 bel pò., andava avanti già da un pò, ed era legato alla faccenda della Bussola, in combinazione con la situazione di Jack.
Lui è sempre più preoccupato per il debito (abbastanza per finire in prigione!) e quando finalmente può usare la bussola AARG non funziona!

The trigger of the story then, is *not* the Compass suddenly not working, but the debt coming due to a man whose Compass hasn't worked in quite a while.
Il punto interessante della storia non è la bussola che smette di funzionare all'improvviso, ma un uomo la cui bussola non funziona da 1 pò.
Nel copione del film non c'è maniera di connettere la faccenda di Elizabeth alla bussola. .un uomo ha problemi con la bussola...e dice che nulla fa tribolare gli uomini più delle donne.ergo, è agitato per via di una donna,

Quindi chi è questa donna?

It's interesting, when you think about it, because the film does not say explicity. Tia Dalma makes the connection that -- in another story -- a man fell in love with a woman as wild and untamable as the sea.

So ... does the Compass not work because Jack is in love with the sea, a feminine symbol -- more than needing the Chest?

On the other hand, there is no denying the chemistry and heat that occures between Jack and Elizabeth (and their connection on Rumrunner's island.) Does the Compass not work because Elizabeth crossed into Jack's life -- and he wants her, that connection with another human being that even the sea cannot provide? Does Jack see qualities in Elizabeth (and all women) that are similar to the sea itself?

Provocative questions.

My belief is that Jack is truly 'vexed.' Vexed is not the same as 'in love' (hah, though some might say it is close). It's not the same as 'want' although one can be vexed by themselves and the things they find themselves wanting. All we know is Jack crosses paths with Elizabeth and all of a sudden his Compass is spinning. (Were it me, I might have found it interesting to see if the Compass indeed pointed at Elizabeth when Jack held it, but the film doesn't show that.) The film shows the Compass spinning, so there should be no complaints along the lines that Jack is easily, safely, romantically, simply in love with Elizabeth moreso than the Pearl or the sea -- the film doesn't say that. (We even go so far as to say the opposite -- to Elizabeth herself!! -- "My first and only love is the sea.")

What the film does show is Elizabeth has vexed Jack's Compass. A man who used to simply love only freedom finds -- to his own great consternation -- a part of him wants something that he doesn't fully understand. But he wants it (he even says -- again to Elizabeth!! -- "I want to taste it.")

Now suddenly we have a man who used to have a simple desire -- freedom as offered by his ship and the sea -- who now finds himself with a bit of inner turmoil. Torn. Is there a desire for Elizabeth and could it grow? Perhaps Elizabeth, or being with Elizabeth, represent his desire to let that 'honest streak' come out and live the life of a good man?

Maybe. The point being, even Jack could not say for sure what the Compass is doing, or what it shows, as Jack, or parts of Jack, are a mystery to even Jack himself.

He is VEXED.

22 replies since 21/12/2007, 17:11   548 views